Followers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

April TUSAL and other stitching news

Hello, all my faithful readers! I have lots of big news to share, so grab a coffee, tea, or beverage of your choice. I am using my iPad for this post, so things might look a little different.

First of all, Sharon (aka Daffycat) I must apologize, I completely forgot to post March's TUSAL update. We were in Florida when my alert notified me, and when we got home, it completely slipped my mind. So here it is, with both my ort jars.

Since my last post, I have been really busy running DD to volleyball practices and games, and finally the tournamnet, which they came in third! Way to go, Bulldogs!! Plus outdoor rowing, on the lake! Then our water pump for the house went, and my washer and dryer had been acting up! So all three have been replaced!

We also had a scare with our kitty, Chloe! On Easter weekend, we woke up to our little bebe not feeling like herself. She was lethargic and not eating, which is so not like her! She is the first one to want to eat! And she wasn't drinking, so I gave her water by medicinal syringe. Easter Monday saw her at the vet's, where she stayed for three days and two nights. Blood tests, x-rays, and meds later, the conclusion was she had an inflamation of the intestines. I am happy to say she is back to her old, demon-like ways! lol we are happy to have her back!

Now on to the stitching update! With everything that has been happening, I'm afraid I haven't been getting much stitching done!
April TUSAL
TSS Thread Exchange for Jeanne Schutts
These are the threads for the Birthday Thread Exchange! I hope Jeanne gets it soon!

Here is my progress on Mirabilia's Silver Moon Tea. Not much, but every stitch helps!

Around the World in 80 Stitches SAL by Papillion Creations
Fabric-28 ct Lugana in New Khaki
DMC floss- 3011, 3012, 3013, 315, 778, 924, 927, 3821, 3823, 3740, 3743
Metallic thread-Rainbow Blending Thread #908
Beads- Mill Hill #00330
Perle Cotton-#8 and #12 Ecru

Here is my biggest news!! I have a new stand! A Lowry stitching stand! I am so in love with this stand! Hubby bought me this for our anniversary in May! Isn't he wonderful?! Many thanks go out to all the ladies who helped me with their opinions and advise! This is completely adjustable, and I am still kind of fine-tuning it, but so far it's wonderful! My shoulder doesn't hurt anymore, which is great!

I also bought The Victoria Sampler Stitcherama Cyberclass, Gingerbread Etui, which starts in September! I am very excited about this, as it goes with my other Gingerbread VS projects! Hopefully I can get the Stitching House and Church done before it starts! Wish me luck! lol

I was going to start ATW today, but I have a head cold, stuffy nose, earache, so I think I will just continue with Silver Moon Tea. Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Chat soon!

16 comments:

Deb said...

Like the new stand! Wonderful DH. Your earl tea is looking lovely. Happy kitty is better. Did you get the message about the Liebster award? Check out my blog, if you didn't, Deb

Gillie said...

Love the stand! Am seriously having a little think.. Great choice for ATW, I am looking forward to getting some fabric from our favourite ONS so I can begin deciding on my choices. Hugs to the demon girl and the bigger sporty one for doing so well!

Mouse said...

ooo love your choice for ATW and glad the wee furbaby is feeling better :)
whoop to the stand and glad it is helping you :) love mouse xxxx

Cindy said...

Love the floor stand. Glad it helps your shoulder.
Silver Moon Tea is beautiful.Great progress.

Bea said...

That's good progress on Silver Moon. What a beautiful pattern!

Glad your kitty is feeling better - it's scary when our pets are under the weather.

Like the look of your new stand. I have a floor stand I don't like, so I'm looking around at new possibilities.

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Your stand looks great. Love your choices for upcoming stitching.
Luck is with you to finish what you want on time.

mdgtjulie said...

Glad you're enjoying your stand, Melissa. It's amazing what a difference they can make!! Also glad your shoulder isn't hurting. That's good too. Sucks about the head cold. Hope you get to feeling much better really soon. Grats to DD (and DH for buying such a great gift). You have lovely TUSAL jars too. Pretty peaches and reds in the front one. And the floss exchange looks great. I love the vibrant colors.

Bee said...

So glad that you went for a Lowery, Melissa - that's what I have, aren't they just the best? :-)
Your Around The World colours look stunning, soft like a 'spring garden', I'm sure they'll work out beautifully.
Silver Moon Tea is looking gorgeous already - it's going to be a stunner!

Val said...

They most certainly are the best stands Mel and I wouldn't be without mine ... I also have a 'daisy dish' attachment on mine which is very handy ..

Val x

tiffstitch said...

Great new stand! And good luck with all the stitching plans. Congrats to your DD's team! Wow!

Stitching in the country said...

Nice stand Melissa and your colours for ATW look good

Veronica said...

Congratulations on your new stitching stand. Silver Moon Tea looks fab as does your thread exchange.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Nancy in IL said...

Congrats on the Lowery stand, Melissa! I can't think of a more deserving person. I know you're going to enjoy it, and it's worth so much if it helps with your shoulder pain. Everything, as always, looks beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing your colors lined up for ATW in 80 Stitches. How fun! Great post, Melissa!

Mel said...

Glad you are sooo happy with your new stand! All the stitching looks fabuous - especially the Silver Moon Tea :)

Love your choices for AWES, can't wait to see the floss in action :)

Love the Gingerbread House so I must go and have a look at the Gingerbread Etui ---- ooooh you've done it again!

Jo said...

Great colour choice for your ATW.

The Lowery is amazing isn't it, don't know how I managed before DH bought me mine. Hope you feel better soon x

Sue said...

Your stand looks great! I need to go look up your VC cyberclass. I love Victoria Sampler but am not sure what you're referring to. Nosy me must go find out!